Position Title: Director of Operations.
The Director of Operations (DO), in collaboration with the Director of Accreditation, provides leadership to and management of the organization. The DO oversees all of the activities outside of accreditation work, supports the Board in its efforts to facilitate change and growth, and serves as a liaison to other leaders in the greater midwifery community.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Five years of demonstrated experience in the nonprofit sector at any level
- Two years of demonstrated experience in a management role with responsibility for IT, finance, fundraising, and human resources
- Exhibited fundraising and development experience
- Two years of demonstrated experience using digital communication, project management technologies, computer hardware and software, and familiarity with systems such as Google Workspace, Microsoft Office systems, Dropbox file hosting service, Quickbooks, online payment systems
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with higher education administration and/or accreditation
- Familiarity with the direct-entry midwifery profession and perinatal health systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed
- Budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting and tracking to keep BOD aware and in alignment with the approved budget
- Bookkeeping knowledge including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking, reconciliation, online payment systems, and financial tracking.
- Strong organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, and task facilitation.
- Knowledge of diverse funding streams, such as donor contributions, grants, private entrepreneurships, membership fees, etc.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to successfully engage diverse stakeholders and engage in conflict resolution
- Ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Ability to work virtually with staff and BOD
- Demonstrable commitment to equity, access, and diversity
Duties & Responsibilities
Board of Directors and Strategic Alignment
- Collaborate with Director of Accreditation to develop working knowledge of MEAC’s role as an accrediting body of midwifery schools and the role that MEAC staff play in fulfilling the organization’s mission
- In collaboration with the Board and the Director of Accreditation, implement MEAC’s program strategy and ensure progress on key objectives in a timely manner
- Provide information about the organization’s operations and finances to the Board
- Collaborate with the Board around any significant changes concerning personnel or financial conditions
- Support Board in the recruitment of new Board members and provide new Board member governance orientation and training
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board on business and operations committees.
- Support MEAC’s board recruitment and elections
- Ensure compliance with MEAC’s bylaws
- Ensure implementation of policies and procedures related to business, finance, and operations
- Stay updated on developments and trends in nonprofit management and operations
- Manage a variety of operations functions for staff and Board, including technology, financial management, travel to meetings and site visits to schools, and all business administration issues
- Assist in recruitment of new ARC members (in collaboration with the Director of Accreditation) and CEU Reviewers and provide governance orientation and training
- Collaborate on development and implementation of a comprehensive technology plan
- In collaboration with staff and Board, conduct an annual review of MEAC as an agency including:
- Strategic Plan progress
- Programs success, goals, and needs
- Finance and fundraising success, goals, and needs
- Evaluation of the co-director structure
- Work with Staff and Board to complete an Annual Report
Staff and Volunteer Management
- Manage and supervise non-accreditation paid staff and consultants
- Collaboratively develop and implement HR improvements related to hiring, performance management, and exiting
- Share the responsibility with the Director of Accreditation and the BOD for the hiring and releasing of accreditation staff and consultants
- Develop a succession plan for management staff
- Promote a climate that attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff and volunteer organization
- Support participation by volunteers in relevant areas of the organization’s work
Financial Performance and Viability
- Responsible for the agency’s financial operations, including accounts payable and receivable, bank account management, and payrollWork with staff and Board to prepare an annual budget
- Oversee the agency’s fundraising and development efforts
- Oversee annual independent reviews and audits as well as year-end bookkeeping procedures and IRS 990 report filings
- Provide recommendations to the Board and Co-Director regarding improved financial management
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local business regulations
- File state annual Reports and Charitable Solicitation with the State of MI, as well as any other required state-level reporting for businesses to operate therein
Public and Interprofessional Relations
- Work with staff and Board to communicate with member schools, associated professional organizations and diverse stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Director of Accreditation and other staff on publications, social media releases, and other communications products
- Oversee ongoing management of the MEAC website
- Serve as spokesperson and media coordinator for the agency
- Direct inquiries from interested and affiliated parties to the appropriate staff or Board liaison
$38 – $42 per hour/ 20 hrs per week
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid PTO and time off between December 25 and January 1.
- Remote work stipend
- Health stipend
- This position is responsible for the supervision and oversight of the Continuing Education Coordinator.
- This position is supervised by the Executive Committee and President of the Board of Directors.
Email your CV or resume and a cover letter (1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates will also need to complete a screening survey to complete their applications: https://forms.gle/MQipKrjFPKTDKUBt5